Thursday, January 20, 2011

Exiting the Wedding

You know the image you see time and time again, the one where the happy couple exit their wedding with flowers flying through the air and excited smiles all over the place? That image gives me a rush. That embodies a wedding to me. The culmination of months of planning, an hour (or maybe 15 minutes!) of pure bliss. Your dad walks you down the aisle, your mom cries tears of you joy, you say "I do" and commit your life to someone else, and then it happens. There it is. That beautiful moment where you exit the church surrounded by loved ones, as husband and wife. You are showered with rose petals, bird seed, whatever. To me, it is perfection, and I can't wait.

see it here

see it here


see it here

Back to reality: what if your venue does not allow rose petals because they stain the carpet? What if you're terrified that your dress might be burned by a sparkler? Then what? How do you achieve that dreamy image?

My fiance and I are having lavender tossed. We nixed the rose petals because we thought it would require too much clean up. I nixed the bird seed because I predict my new husband would be pelted with a handful by a groomsman (not a pretty picture!). We wanted something that represented the South. I thought magnolia seeds would be perfect, but I would hate to be responsible for a magnolia tree grove sprouting up at the door of the beautiful church where we are getting married.

So we settled on lavender. It smells good if it gets stuck in my dress, it does not hurt if it is thrown in someones face, and it fits really nicely in some little envelopes I had bought for another wedding project that I later decided was no good!

See it here

See it here

See it here



No comments:

Post a Comment